A classic shortbread biscuit, crumbly and sweet, with the added texture and flavour of coconut shavings
- 8oz softened butter
- 380g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 180g desiccated coconut plus more to decorate
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- Self-raising flower (approximately 500-600g)
- Melted chocolate to drizzle
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy
- Beat the eggs with a fork and slowly pour into the butter and sugar mix. Continue to whisk until it is well combined.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Gradually add enough flour to knead it into a soft dough that can be rolled out.
- Roll out the soft dough 1inch thick, and cut into your desired shapes. Gently run a fork over the rolled out shapes so the coconut shavings show up. Lay them flat on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven until golden brown.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate and top with more coconut shavings
Check out this reel for a visual guide on how to make these more-ish cookies.
Please follow and like us: