Dates are synonymous with Ramadhan and over the years, it has become our favourite to fill them and coat them with chocolate. They’re a healthier alternative to traditional sweets, look very pretty and of course, are on-trend for the festive season.
The best thing about these treats is that they can be customised using any products you have in your dry cupboard and we’ve listed some of our favourite combinations below
- Chosen fillings and garnishes (our favourite combination are listed below)
- Melted chocolate
- Using a sharp knife, cut diagonally across the length of the dates and remove the date seed.
- Using a small spoon, or piping bag, fill the date with your preferred filling.
- Dip into a bowl of melted chocolate and sprinkle with a garnish to compliment the filling
- Place onto a grease-proof lined tray to set.
Filling and Garnish combinations:
- Sweet pistachio spread, white chocolate coating and pistachio crumb/edible rose petal garnish
- Cookies & creme filling and @oreo crumble garnish
- @lotusbiscoffuk spread filling with crumbled Biscoff garnish
- @cadburyuk crunchie spread filling with crunchie crumble
- Bounty spread filling with desiccated coconut topping
- Peanut butter and jam filling with nut crumble topping
- Nutella filling with toasted almond garnish