This is a fool-proof method for the ultimate, melt-off-the-bone lamb shanks. At AHFJ we don’t like to overpower meats with spices and marinades, and this salt, pepper, garlic & Rosemary combo, whilst simple, is packed full of flavour and still allows the taste of the meat to shine through.
- 2 lamb shanks
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 springs fresh Rosemary
- 1 @maggi_uk chicken stock cube, dissolved in 250ml water
- Pre-Heat oven to Gas Mark 3
- Wash and pat dry the lamb shanks, then sprinkle with salt and pepper all over
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then brown the lamb shanks on all sides, approximately 2 minutes on each side
- Lay in a roasting dish, then scatter over the garlic and Rosemary. Cover tightly with a foil/lid and roast in the oven for 2 hours. DON’T OPEN THE LID/FOIL
- After 2 hours, remove the foil/lid, pour in the chicken stock and increase the heat to Gas Mark 6. Roast uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Then, remove from the oven, and spoon the juices over the shanks. Serve hot and Enjoy!