These delicate pastries filled with pulled BBQ chicken are an absolute treat- they require minimum ingredients and fuss, are so light and best of all, they are oh-so-pretty and presentable. They will be a perfect addition to the Ramadhan menu and your family and friends will be asking for more!
Makes 18 medium-sized Vol-Au-Vaunts
- 18-pack, frozen Vol-au-Vaunts
- 250g chicken breast or boneless thigh, cubed
- 25g BBQ powder mix
- 70g grated cheese plus some extra
- 1tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1x small tin sweetcorn
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- In a pre-heated oven, bake the Vol-Au-Vaunts according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, marinade the cubed chicken in the BBQ powder and add it into a pan. Cover and cook on low heat until the chicken is completely cooked through
- Add in the grated cheese and continue to cook, without a lid, on a high heat. Mix with a wooden spoon as the cheese melts and is fully incorporated.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove pan from the heat and stir in the BBQ sauce. Shred the chicken with a fork or for ease, using a stand mixer with the beater attachment until the chicken has a texture and consistency to your liking
- Remove from the stand and using a spoon, gently mix in the sweetcorn. Set aside
- Once the Vol-Au-Vaunt pastries are baked golden brown, spoon some pulled chicken mix into each case, pressing down gently. Add in another spoon so it doesn’t have a flat top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and more grated cheese. Serve hot or cold.
Please follow and like us: