A delicious blend of coriander and mint combined with lime creates a fresh, herb-y marinade bursting with flavour and with just the right amount of zing. The addition of green chillies gives it that classic, South-Asian, ‘chutney’ twist.
- 4 whole chicken legs/2 chicken breasts
- 150g fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1-2 fresh green chillies, de-seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. With a sharp knife, make a few cuts in the flesh of each drumstick. If using chicken breasts, cube into small pieces.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Add the chicken to the marinade, rubbing the mixture in well. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight.
4. – Oven method: remove the chicken from the marinade, shaking off the excess. Roast in a pre-heated oven @ Gas Mark 6 until cooked through and golden. (approx..40 minutes)
- Stove method: place the chicken with its marinade into a deep pan, cover and cook on a low-medium heat until spices and chicken are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Serve with garlic naan or rice and a mint chutney. Enjoy!