These bite-sized delicacies are perfect for dinner parties as finger foods for guests to pick up and eat at their leisure. The pastry tarts are so light, and the addition of double cream to the cream cheese mixture ensures that whilst it still has a smooth, velevet texture, it’s not overwhelmingly rich. The drizzle of mango and passionfruit coulis on top finishes it off with that right amount of tang. These desserts, whilst easy and quick to make, are so impressive in both looks and taste and will be the star of your dessert table.
(Fills 36 mini, Sainsbury’s tarts)⠀
- 36 mini pastry tarts. We like to use the mini versions of these by Sainsburys
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 6oz cream cheese
- 2.5oz icing sugar
- 1/4tsp vanilla essence
- Raspberry conserve/jam
- Mango and Passionfruit Coulis. We like to use this one by Sainsburys as it comes with bits
- Optional: small, cubed, fresh mango pieces
- Whisk the double cream until stiff. Set to the side.⠀
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth (approx. one minute) and using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
- Add a generous amount of raspberry conserve / jam to each pastry tart.
- Spoon the cream mixture on top of the jam, ensuring each tart is filled to the top and the sides are covered.⠀
- Top with small mango pieces if using, and drizzle with coulis
- Leave in a cool place to set.⠀
- Before serving, dust with icing sugar.⠀
- Step 3: it’s important to fold the cream in as the mixture will go runny if simply mixed.
- At step 8, resist the temptation to leave it in the fridge: the pastry will soften and go stale⠀
- Swap the mangoes and passion fruit for traditional berries and pair with the Sainsburys Raspberry Coulis