A ‘cheeky Nando’s’ is a favourite British past-time and understandably so: their chicken is grilled to perfection, crispy on the outside, moist on the inside, and paired with the classics such as coleslaw, peri-rice, halloumi and peri-fries, it makes for a wholesome, delicious meal.
For many years, we’ve seen an abundance of recipes flying around the internet showing us how to ‘make the best Nando’s sauce’, but they’ve always been lengthy, tedious and required too many components. Now thanks to their incredible range of marinades, sauces, spices and rubs available in most major supermarkets, it has never been easier to bring together your own homemade Nando’s meal, with the simplest of ingredients.
Here, we’ve used their own products and it really is a fool-proof, roast chicken recipe that comes together quickly and efficiently. Don’t forget to make up your favourite sides to go with it!
- 1kg chicken legs OR 1 full chicken
- *1x spice rub from Nando’s Peri-Peri Bag & Bake (Medium or Hot)
- *1x 120g Nando’s Peri-Peri Coat & Cook Pouch (Medium or Hot)
- Peri-Peri Rice
- Nando’s Peri-Naise
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Wash and pat dry your chicken. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonal slashes into the fleshy parts such as drumsticks, thighs (and breast if making a full chicken). Lay into a roasting dish
- Remove the spice rub from the Nando’s Peri-Peri Bag & Bake box and rub into the chicken, ensuring everything is coated thoroughly including the crevices.
- Pour the marinade from the Nando’s Peri-Peri Coat & Cook Pouch over the chicken and massage into the chicken.
- Place in the centre of the pre-heated oven and roast for 40 minutes, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and a delicious, thick gravy has formed in the tin.
- Remove from the oven, lay the chicken into your chosen serving dish with all the sides, and pour the gravy into a bowl, ready to pour over the chicken.
*Ingredients marked with an asterisk were part of a Nando’s PR package. As always, all opinions are my own.