Taco Tuesday! Avocados have to be done right: as part of the slaw for these shrimp tacos, it adds a delicious creamy texture and balances the tang of the lime. This dish has the right amount of zest, creaminess and bite.
FOR THE TACOS
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped coriander, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 550g. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 Tortillas, warmed, for serving
FOR THE CABBAGE SLAW
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE GARLIC-LIME MAYO
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise (I like to use this one)
- 2 tbsp. chilli sauce
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1) In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, coriander, garlic, cumin, olive oil, and season with salt. Add shrimp and cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate 20 minutes in refrigerator.
2) Make slaw: in a large bowl combine all slaw ingredients. Toss gently to combine and season with salt.
3) Make garlic-lime mayo: in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk and season with salt.
4) Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Grill shrimp until pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
5) Build tacos: add a scoop of slaw, a few shrimps and a drizzle of the garlic-lime mayo to each taco.